As you are thinking about your plans for 2018, you are bound to have some long rides, lazy days at a beach or park, or even just some arm chair trips in your own living room. Of the 62 books read in 2017, here are my top recommendations:
- The Girl In Green and Norwegian By Night. I feel like I discovered a new author, Dereck Miller, and I loved both of his books. They are both very different story lines but both captivating and smart.
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden is a wonderful fairy-tale that takes place before Russia was Russia. It was captivating and charming.
- Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue draws wonderful parallels and stark differences of the “American Dream.”
- Black Square by Sophie Pinkham for those wanting to learn more about the crisis in the Ukraine and some of its history.
- Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towels takes place in a Moscow hotel over several decades during communist period.
- Year of Yes by Shondra Rhimes is both funny and inspiring.
- Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Roomy is a great book to accompany a trip to New York City.
- Shadow Land by Elizabeth Kostova is a page turner that takes place in present day Bulgaria.